mercoledì 16 maggio 2012

Man In The Mirror

Today i feel ispired by a song. I had it in my mind all day, and i've been thinking a lot about the lyrics. This song, as most of you'll know, is originally from Michael Jackson. I choosed James Morrison's version though, because this version just makes me go nuts.
James Morrison is one of my favorite singers, and i just love the way he sings this song.


Well, the word change, can have a different meaning for each of us. Everybody has something they would change and everyone's life is subject to changes and not always is our choice. Sometimes i actually think that changes are never our choice. Sometimes you work as hard as you can to make something happened but anything seem to work and than all of a sudden events take over your life.
Are changes really a product of our actions?
But what if we where sure we could actually change things, change our fates, our lifes. And most of all, what about we had the certainty we could be the real change for someone else.
Well, we cannot know that, but is that fair stop trying making a change only because you are not sure you'll actually get to the poit you want to?
Sometimes we are so busy making changes in our lifes, or trying to, that we miss the fact that maybe we should revise the whole situation from a bigger poit of view. We are so busy looking at our lifes that we are completely blind for everything around us. Sometimes we pretend not to see, only because it's easier. But unfortunatelly the easy way, is not always the right way.
I think that what stops people from trying is fear. Fear of failure and most of all of being judge for their failure.
And here we get to the other point: we should not judge; we should instead watch ourselfs in the mirror.
I belive we can really be the writer of our destiny but sometimes we could do much more to write the destiny of people that haven't got a pen as well.

I'm gonna make a change,

for once in my life
It's gonna feel real good,
gonna make a diference
Gonna make it right...


As I, turn up the collar on

my favorite winter coat
This wind is blowing my mind
I see the kids in the streets,
with not enought to eat
Who am I to be blind?
Pretending not to see their needs

A summer disregard, somebody's broken heart

And a one man soul
They follow each other on the wind ya' know
'Cause they got no place  to go
That's why I want you to know



I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change



I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
It's time that I realize
That there are some with no home, not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me, pretending that they're not alone



A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see
'Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me



I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change



I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make that..
CHANGE!



You gotta get it right, while you got the time
'Cause when you close your heart
You can't close your... your mind!


That man, that man, that man, that man
With the man in the mirror
That man, that man, that man,
I'm asking him to change his ways
Better change!
You know... that man
No message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make the change



I'm gonna make a change
It's gonna feel real good!
Come on!


Just lift yourself
You know
You've got to stop it,
Yourself!
I've got to make that change, today!



You've got to
You've got to move! Come on!
Come on!
You got to...
Stand up! Stand up! Stand up!



Stand up and lift yourself, now!
Gonna make that change...
come on!
You know it!
You know it!
You know it!
You know it...
Make that change.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento