domenica 6 maggio 2012

I CAN DO THIS

It's raining here...again. Rachel is away so i've got the kids. I've got the worse cold ever as well, so managing two toddlers, is not too easy. Although we found several fun things to do today, i understand they get bored to stay home all day. Unfortunately we haven't got any other choices. But we still have something really exciting to look forward to: tonight we are having a movie night and a sleep over in the lounge room all together. I'm prepared not to get a lot of sleep but they are at school on Monday so i can recover.
This morning we played and went to holiday to Italy. After Annabelle had her nap, we made coconut macaroons (yum). 




Here's the recipe if someone would try it:
- the white of 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Beat the whites of the eggs until stiff, add the sugar and beat in the coconut and salt. Drop by spoonfulls on a try covered with baking paper. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.





Even though staying home all day is not easy, most of the times they are really good playing together. Certainly they have fight moments, but they use to settle down themselves. Yesterday we were playing on the deck and they were keeping turns on the bike; once it got Felixs turn to have a ride Annabelle didn't want to let him go. So Felix got closer to her and said: "Get off my bike, you, little piece of rubbish". I couldn't stop laughing. I was trying to tell Felix that it was not something kind to say to his sister but coudn't help my self at laughing.
Sometime it can be really difficoult to manage kids. But looking back at those 6 months, and how close they have gotten to me, i think i did a pretty good job.
This could be both positive and not. Well, i've got a second family here in Australia now that i will always keep in my heart and in my memories. And now comes the negative part: they live at the other side of the world (literally). Next time i get here, Annabelle might have forgotten me, even if now she says that i'm her SpecialSarah. And Felix, will remember me but he will remember that i left him too so i probably won't be his "best friend" anymore. I can't help my self thinking about all those things. This has been such a wonderful experience but now, at the end of it, i have to face the difficul part.



Well, about this experience i won't miss only my family; i will miss Hobart too. It's such a beautiful place and it's a perfect city to live in. It has got all the facilities of a big city, but the people are still friendly and relaxed as the people of a county village. It's a really lovely place. 
And since i've got just one Saturday left here, yesterday i decided to go to the very own, Salamanca Market. I bought lots of stuff and i have no idea how i'm going to bring them back home. Anyway, i got lots of presents to my dears home and i got and old map of Tasmania that i'm going to hang on the wall of my future place, wherever it will be.
I always get a bit excited when i buy presents, especially when i know they are gonna love them. 




I was just surfing on youtube, when i ended up on Britain's got Talent page. I love that show, it's so funny. But tonight i actually found something really good, this guy has an amazing voice. Loved it, i almost liked it more than Adele's version (and she is one of my favorite singers). 



The couch is waiting for me now, good night everybody.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento